How does Child Support work in Cases with Unwed Parents?

In such cases step one is usually establishing paternity of the child.  This can be done either with the father’s consent if he agrees to testing voluntarily, or without his consent the mother can bring a lawsuit forcing the putative father to submit to DNA testing to establish paternity.  After paternity is established, the court can then issue an order for child support to be paid.  Call Sagaria Law today to schedule an initial consultation to learn more.